Saica Group scoops seven awards at FIA UK Annual Gala Dinner
United Kingdom, 22 Nov 2021
Saica Group took home seven awards from the FIA (Flexographic Industry Association) UK Awards 2021, cementing its position at the forefront of the UK flexographic print industry.
Pride of place went to Saica Flex Buxton, which scooped Best in Show for its Flexo Print on Film Surface Print (Wide Web) solution for Fox’s Fabulous twin pack cookies milk / white / triple chunk flavours.
The full list of awards for Saica were:
- Best in Show – Saica Flex Buxton, Flexo Print on Film Surface (Wide Web) for Fox’s Fabulous twin pack cookies milk / white / triple choc flavours.
- Gold - Saica Flex Buxton, Flexo Print on Film Surface (Wide Web) for Fox’s Fabulous twin pack cookies milk / white / triple choc flavours.
- Gold – Saica Pack Ashbourne, Corrugated Folder Gluer Coated for Tayto Variety Christmas 2020
- Silver – Saica Flex Buxton, Flexo Print on Film Surface (Wide Web) for Fox’s Fabulous half-coated milk chocolate cookies
- Silver – Saica Flex Buxton, Flexo Reverse Print on Film (Wide Web) for Maryland Mint to Be cookies
- Bronze – Saica Pack Ashbourne, Corrugated Folder Gluer Coated for Kings Cheese & Onion Merry Christmas Party Box 2020
- Highly commended – Saica Pack Scotland, Corrugated Folder Gluer Uncoated, for Secha de la Silva rum
The Saica Flex Buxton Best in Show design was a composite print, printing three designs side by side on the same set of plates using four process colours, a spot brown and a matt cold seal release lacquer.
“We are particularly proud of this design and Saica Flex’s execution of our design brief for one of our flagship brands. Having worked closely with Saica Flex Buxton over the years, it is really rewarding to see our partnership deliver such an outstanding accolade”, said Terri Singh, Senior Supplier Relationship Manager, Fox’s Biscuits.
Both the Saica Pack Ashbourne winners were printed 6-colour on Saica Infinite paper, 100% recycled, high-quality paper that delivers a homogeneous whiteness compared to conventional whites, without impurities and with a higher colour intensity. Prior to Saica Pack Ashbourne manufacturing these cases, they had been imported from Turkey, providing further sustainability benefits.
The FIA UK Awards were celebrated at the Annual Gala Dinner, one of the industry’s biggest occasions to come together and recognise excellence in the flexographic print industry.
Miguel Angel Martinez, Commercial & Marketing Director, Saica Pack, and Commercial Plan Project Director, Saica Flex, said: “We are extremely proud of all our winners and everyone who contributed to them from the sales and customer service teams to operational staff and, of course, our amazing customers. These awards demonstrate that we remain at the very top of the flexographic print industry.”
Notes to the Editor
Saica Group is one of the largest European players in the development and production of recycled paper for corrugated board, with a production of 3.2 million tons of recycled paper. With more than 10,000 employees across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom, Ireland, Turkey, Luxembourg and The Netherlands.
Saica Group has four business areas: production of recycled paper for corrugated board (Saica Paper), waste management and environmental services (Saica Natur), production of corrugated packaging (Saica Pack) and flexible packaging (Saica Flex). The turnover of the multinational is nearly 3,566 million Euros (aggregate sales, 31.12.20).