Saica Continues Growing with the Acquisition of the Americk Packaging Group
The Americk Packaging Group manufactures flexible packaging, labels and carton packaging. It employs 691 people and had a turnover of 128 million euros in 2015.
The agreement allows Saica to continue growing within the flexible packaging sector.
The Spanish multinational company SAICA has reached an agreement to acquire 100% of the Irish owned group, Americk Packaging; a large scale producer of flexible packaging solutions, labels and cartons. With this agreement SAICA takes a step further in its diversification and growth strategy. The Americk Packaging Group, located across six sites in Ireland and the UK, employs 691 people and in 2015 it had a turnover of about 128 million euros. Additional operations include PP Global and Starfish Brand Solutions, which operate as independent brands in the same market. This acquisition allows Saica to continue its development in the flexible packaging sector with the ability to offer a wider range of products and services to its customers. Ramon Alejandro, President of SAICA, said, “this agreement allows us to enter the flexible packaging market in Ireland and the UK more actively, hand-in-hand with a leading player. We carry out this agreement with views to the long-term and potential development of this sector” This acquisition has been carried out with the financial intermediation of Catalyst, with legal advice provided by Squire Patton Boggs in the UK and William Fry in Ireland and with the financial audit of EY. IBI Corporate Finance advised Americk Packaging with legal advice provided by Whitney Moore in Ireland and Geldards LLP in the UK and vendor assistance was provided by PwC Dublin. The agreement is subject to approval from the Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission ABOUT THE SAICA GROUP The Saica Group is the leading European Company in the manufacturing of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard, with an annual production of nearly 2.5 million tonnes of paper. With more than 8,000 employees and a presence in Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Turkey and Luxembourg, the Saica Group has four business divisions: manufacturing of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard (Paper), recovery of recyclable materials (Natur), corrugated cardboard packaging (Pack) and flexible packaging (Flex). The group’s consolidated turnover is 2,378 million euros (31.12.2015). ABOUT THE AMERICK PACKAGING GROUP The Americk Packaging Group combines the strengths of paperboard, labels and the printing of flexible packaging. It has six plants in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Haverhill, formally Americk Advantage, is located in Suffolk in the south-east of England. It focuses on the manufacturing of labels, including electronic article surveillance tags, digital flexography, punnets and trays.
- Deeside, formerly Americk Systems, is located in the north of Wales. Its work is focuses around the manufacturing of flexography labels. Its work is particularly noteworthy in the dairy sector.
- Enniskillen, previously Americk Webtech, is located in Northern Ireland and is a leader in the manufacturing of labels by means of reels as well as within the soft drink sector.
- Buxton, previously Americk Primopost, in located in Derbyshire, England. It is a flexible packaging market leader and is prominent within the bakery and confectionary sector, as well as in the food sector in general.
- Wigan, previously Americk ASP, stands out in the manufacturing of flexible packaging, specifically in the fresh produce sector with solutions that expand the lifespan of food.
- Dublín (corporate), previously Americk Marchmont, is located in Clondalkin, Ireland. It is focused on the manufacturing of paperboard, with its specialty being the food sector.
- The group employs a total of 691 people, working 24/7 and in 2015 it had a turnover of 128 million euros. The packaging that is made supplies a great variety of sectors that range from consumer goods to healthcare products.
- The Americk Packaging Group is committed to ethics and innovation which helps it ensure profitability, with continuous investment in technology, facilities, the development of people and research and development.
- To find out more about other news go to: https://www.americkpackaging.com/news/